What is Laughter Yoga
Laughter Yoga is a global phenomenon being practiced in over 72 countries, successfully. It is a powerful tool helping business people reduce workplace stress and creates happy and energetic workforce.
Developed by Indian physician, Dr. Madan Kataria in 1995, it is a breakthrough laughter delivery system where anyone can laugh and practice laughter as a group exercise without relying on humor, jokes or comedy.
It is based on the scientific study that your body cannot differentiate between real and simulated laughter; one gets the same benefits.
It is a combination of breathing and laughter exercises which oxygenates your body and brain and makes one more healthy and energetic. It is a single exercise that promotes complete physical and emotional wellbeing.
BBC and Google Offices are using it, Oprah Winfrey has tried and said it works, British actor John Cleese endorsed it. This innovative concept has been widely accepted all over the world and has been written about in prestigious publications like TIME Magazine, The New Yorker, National Geographic, Wall Street Journal, Daily Telegraph and many others.
Unique Features Of Laughter Yoga In Business
Cost effective and less time consuming: Ten minutes of Laughter Exercises can make the entire group energized for rest of the day.
Quick Results: Reduces stress instantaneously & one can feel the benefits from the very first session
Scientifically Proven & Measureable Results: Our research team we can show measurable outcome in 10 sessions
Easy to practice: Anyone can do it and it is lot of fun.
How Laughter Yoga Works
With prolonged Intentional laughter one can exhale more carbon dioxide which oxygenates each and every cell of the body and brain. This improves efficiency, mental focus and concentration.
Dr. Madan Kataria, The Founder of Laughter Yoga
Dr. Madan Kataria, a medical doctor from Mumbai, India popularly known as the ‘Guru of Giggling’ (London Times), is the founder of Laughter Yoga Clubs movement started in 1995.Spreading rapidly in USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, South East Asia, China and Africa, this new concept has been widely covered by prestigious publications like the TIME magazine, National Geographic, and the Wall Street Journal and featured on CNN, BBC, US networks and the Oprah Winfrey Show.
Dr. Kataria is a keynote, motivational and inspirational speaker for companies, corporations and organizations all over the world. He is also a corporate consultant for holistic health, stress management, team-building, leadership, peak performance and communication skills.
A popular speaker, Dr. Kataria is featured frequently on television and radio worldwide and is associated with a number of research projects to measure the benefits of laughter. Recent studies in the USA and Bangalore, India using unconditional laughter have positively confirmed these benefits. This scientific confirmation of what has been observed in thousands of laughter groups marks a turning point in the acceptance of Laughter Yoga in business world, schools, hospitals, old age centers and other areas.
Seven Compelling Reasons to bring Laughter Yoga to Your Organisation
- Quickest way to Reduce Stress: Though there are many methods being used to reduce stress, Laughter Yoga is the quickest and one can feel the benefits from the very first session. Laughter Yoga a single exercise which reduces physical, mental and emotional stress simultaneously and brings an emotional balance. It increases positive emotions and decreases negative emotions. Even highly talented and skilled employees cannot perform well if they are emotionally disturbed.
- Healthy Exercise for Busy People: Laughter Yoga works like an aerobic exercise. Dr. Williams Fry of Stanford University proved that 10 minutes of hearty laughter is equal to 30 minutes on the rowing machine. This helps to stimulate heart rate, increase blood circulation, supply oxygen and eliminate toxins.
- Peak Performance: At a given time, the performance depends upon mood and Laughter Yoga has the power to change the mood state within minutes by releasing neuro-peptides from the brain cells called endorphins. Science tells us that the brain needs 25% more oxygen than other body organs. Laughter Yoga increases the net supply of oxygen which helps in optimal performance and boosts energy levels.
- Team Building: ‘People who laugh together work together.’ Laughter Yoga is a powerful tool that connects people easily with each other. It also helps to develop a positive mental attitude, hope, optimism and enhances communication skills to help in teambuilding.
- Motivation And Communication: For people working in front office, sales & marketing Laughter Yoga helps to bring a smile on their face and generate good feelings within the body. This enhances their communication and motivational skills thus increasing their client base and customer delight.
- Innovation And Creativity: The childlike playfulness in Laughter Yoga stimulates the right brain activity, which is the seat of creativity. This helps generate new ideas and insights about workplace issues and problems. As one needs to introduce new ideas and constant innovation to stay ahead in this highly competitive market, Laughter Yoga helps people become more creative and innovative.
- Increases Attention Span in HR Trainings: Human brain cannot concentrate for more than 90 minutes after which the attention span reduces. Even a 5-10-minute Laughter Yoga session can provide a great energy boost during long HR training sessions and conferences. It helps to increase the attention span, enhance learning skills, mental concentration and potential.
Scientific Studies Verify Efficacy Of Laughter In Business
US STUDY (BECKMAN, REGIER & YOUNG)
Another important 2007 study in the United States looked at the effects of Laughter Yoga on personal efficacy in the workplace. The results showed significant improvements of the Laughter Yoga group in all areas, with positive changes of 100% occurring in a number of areas. It is particularly interesting to note the long-lasting effects of the laughter interventions.
Laughter Yoga Corporate Workshops
These training sessions and workshops are designed to help companies and organizations transform their performance and increase efficiency & profitability.
Keynote Address (30-60 Minutes)
This encompasses the origin of Laughter Yoga and the spread of Laughter Club movement. Dr. Kataria being the founder and the originator of Laughter Yoga is a popular keynote speaker in high demand for conferences and events worldwide.
Introduction Seminar (90 Minutes)
This is to understand the concept of Laughter Yoga and to help people learn how to laugh in a group without jokes, humor and comedies.
Ice-Breaker Sessions (15-20 Minutes)
This short laughter program is an ideal start to conferences and seminars. It helps to kick start a good mood, change the state of mind and energize the participants right from the start. It also helps increase the attention span during long training sessions and improves efficiency and performance.
Half Day Programs
Stress Buster Session (3 Hours)
This focuses on different stressors in the workplace and how Laughter Yoga helps to alleviate them. You will learn some breathing and laughter exercises and relaxation techniques to relieve stress. You will also be taught quick meditation techniques like EXHALEX (exhale & relax) to recharge the body and mind.
Team Building Seminar (3 Hours)
This seminar is highly interactive and you will learn special laughter exercises and fun games to connect with people as a group and develop a team building spirit.
Peak Performance Seminar (3 Hours)
This helps to boost energy on demand for peak performance and and create a positive outlook to help increase efficiency levels and maximize performance. It is also helps prepare for stressful situations like interviews, exams, public speaking and important project presentations.
Laughter Yoga Corporate Seminars
Workshop On Emotional Intelligence Through Laughter (3 Hours)
Our emotions play a very important role in our life. They help us to achieve what we want and keep away what we don’t want. This workshop is highly experiential and interactive where people will understand different emotions and how to express them in the right way that brings peace and harmony. In this workshop we use Laughter Yoga exercises and Gibberish language that lends a lot of fun even as you learn.
3 Weeks Research Based Program
This entails scientific measurements of stress levels and competency profile of a group of employees. These psychometric tests are used to measure positive and negative emotions, ability to deal with stressful situations, self competency, relational competency and role competency of the group members.
Laughter Yoga Implementation
After successful completion of Laughter Yoga trial, in case the management decides to implement Laughter Yoga, employees will be trained to run sessions, thus eliminating the cost of running Laughter Yoga.
Laughter Yoga International is developing an online psychometrics system to provide companies with ongoing feedback on the effectiveness and results of the Laughter Yoga program.
This entails training the leaders who will run the Laughter Yoga sessions in-house on a regular basis.
Download Program PDF – Laughter Yoga Business Flyer