Abhishek Currently with the LICT Program – Senior Consultant – Learning & Development – Soft Skills, since January 2016 at Bangladesh.
The LICT (Leveraging Information & Communications Technology) Program isan ambitious project of the Bangladesh Government for growth, employment & governance. It has been envisaged as part of the “Vision 2021” of Digital Bangladesh. This Project has been designed with the aim of training 30000 University students across the country to facilitate their employment in the IT & ITES sector through skill development in Soft Skills and Technical IT skills. The Program is being conducted under the aegis of the World Bank and through the partnership of the ICT and the BCC (Bangladesh Computer Council). The program is being executed by EY(erstwhile Ernst & Young) India in collaboration with the Bangladesh Government.
- Soft Skills facilitation to 16 Batches at the Shahjalal University, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
- LICT Program Presentation to various departments at the University to promote the project and
consequently commence batches.
- Conduct Assessment Tests to shortlist students for the project.
- Customise content based on skill – gap analysis department wise.
- Devise and deliver training facilitation for special batches as per specific corporate requirements
of the organizations visiting campus.
Pearson India Education Services Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata, as Senior Manager Training & Business Development, East, from August 2011 – Jan 2016.
Pearson is a global media, education and publishing company represented by market-leading businesses such as the Financial Times, Pearson Education and Penguin. From pre-school to high school, early learning to professional certification, the curriculum materials, multimedia learning tools and testing programmes help to educate more than 100 million people worldwide – more than any other private enterprise. The ETEN brand is an initiative of Pearson to coach aspiring students of CA, CS and IAS at every level to excel in their professional endeavour via live VSAT sessions through renowned faculties.
- Execute and facilitate the Product and Process induction programme for the entire Eastern region, for newly hired and existing employees at the company owned and franchised centres.
- Monitoring day to day operations of the branches, in respect of student support (academics, TAT compliance) and quality compliances.
- Assess performance of staff and identify needs for development to design specific training programs
or develop existing ones.
- Monitor, motivate and ensure franchisee performance in terms of assigned targets and process
- Organise and facilitate institutional presentations to promote products of the ETEN brand and create awareness.
Notable Contributions at Pearson India Education Services
- Awarded the Training & Business Development Manager of the year in 2013.
- Instrumental in initiating the highest no. of admissions in East in 2012, 2013 at the CPT level for the CA product.
Learning & Development Professional as a Freelance Consultant, from March 2010 to July 2011.
Assignments and achievements overview
- TCS – Initial Learning Programme ( A campus to corporate induction programme for all fresh
- Leadership and Teamwork workshops with ATOS, SMS Group at Kolkata.
- Negotiation Skills & Winning at the Market Place workshops with SM Corp, Guwahati.
- Communication, Motivation, Team Building & Leadership, Stress Management, Perception workshops with Bengal Hearing Plus, Kolkata.
- Communication, Team Building & Leadership, Attitude & Motivation workshop with Rose Valley, Kolkata.
- Life Skills Workshops with Ravenshaw College, Cuttack, Gangadhar Meher College, Sambalpore, Durgapur Institute of Engineering and Siliguri Institute of Technology.
- Awarded a 96% satisfaction rating from trainees at TCS during the Initial Learning Programme.
- Referral training programmes owing to trainee feedback at SM Corp, Guwahati.
Reliance Communications Ltd., Bhubaneswar, from March 2007 to March 2010 as Deputy Manager- Training & Customer Retention.
Reliance Communications Ltd. is an Indian Internet access and tele communications company headquartered in Navi Mumbai, India. It provides CDMA, GSM mobile services, fixed line broadband and voice services, DTH depending upon the areas of operation.
Primary Roles and responsibilities:
- Facilitate Product and process training for the post paid product at the customer service delivery (CSD) outlets of the Bhubaneswar cluster.
- Support manpower recruitment and induction training at the franchisee outlets.
- Monitor and ensure TAT compliance and CSAT.
- Postpaid customer retention SPOC for Bhubaneswar cluster for all corporate connections.
- Promote the newly introduced Blackberry Reliance combo in the postpaid customer database.
- Analyze service delivery gaps and proactively address them through refresher training and escalation modules.
- Initiated the Rewards and Recognition Programme at the CSD level to improve the CSAT.
Notable Contributions at Reliance Communications Ltd. Bhubaneswar
- Achieved a 70% customer retention target in 2009.
- Devised a Special Loyalty Programme for the corporate HNI customers and instrumental in generating 70 add on connections in 2009.
- Initiated the sales inception of Blackberry handsets at the Bhubaneswar cluster with 3 handset sales through existing postpaid customer references.
Amway India Enterprises, Kolkata from May 2000 to February 2007 as Senior Executive Training and Customer Service Operations.
Amway is one of the leading direct selling businesses with product brands in diverse categories ranging from Nutrition & Wellness, Personal Care, Home Care & Hygiene and Beauty. It was founded by Steve Van Andel and Doug DeVos who lead a diverse global management team that supports Independent Business Owners and their goals.
Primary Roles and responsibilities:
- Facilitate Product and Process Training at the Regional Call Centre Team and across all franchisee outlets of the Eastern Region.
- Facilitate overall training and development of the Regional Call Centre Team – East.
- Monitor and ensure SLA and TAT compliances.
- Devise and facilitate business awareness models across the entire Eastern Region in coordination with major stakeholders and business owners.
Notable Contributions at Amway India Enterprises, Kolkata:
- Design and delivery of major events like Amway Carnival & Amway Cine Utsav leading to record sales in excess of Rs 2 crores across 3 event days.
- Key member of the team which was awarded the “Best Region Award” in 2005 for back end sales support and operations.
Sachdeva New P.T. College, Kolkata, as Business Development Executive from May 1994 to April 1998.
Sachdeva New P.T. College was established in 1940 in Lahore by a visionary Late Sh. T.N. Sachdeva for aspiring students to impart education and achieve success in life in preparation for competitive and entrance exams like Medical, Engineering, IAS, PCS, MBA, MCA, NDA, CDS, Bank PO, Bank clerk, SSC (Prelims. & Main), BBA, BBS, BCA, Hotel Mgmt., CLAT (Law), Mass Communication. After partition the college made a humble beginning in 1947 in Delhi and by the turn of century achieved the distinction which has also been acknowledged in the Limca book of Records.
Primary Roles and responsibilities:
- Interfacing with institutions across Kolkata to facilitate presentations to promote the product.
- Business Development through ground promotions, education consultants and other business associates.
- Counselling and facilitating presentation to parents and aspirants.
Devise and facilitate training for entry level and existing employees across the organization and franchisee levels.
Devise and customize training modules in congruence to session objectives and over all organizational effectiveness.
Initiate result – orientation in the module preparation in line with the organizational mission and values.
Facilitate training through experiential learning and innovative case studies, exercises and role plays.
Focus on audience connectivity, through interactive modules and sessions.
Consistently aim at improving learner outcomes through live examples and research.
Focus on consistent business generation through facilitation of innovative events.
The key focus has been at customer retention through relationship building.
Impeccable communications with corporate clientele have led to rapport with almost all major stakeholders.
Customer Relationship Management
The prime aim has been at customer interfacing with an aim to minimize grievances and prompt redressal.
The major focus has been on timelines and process adherence leading to desired results and compliances
Linguistic Competencies: English, Bengali, Hindi & Oriya.